Orchard 1.7

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Hey guys...LOVE your module and use it on several sites. I've been developing under the Orchard 1.x branch which is scheduled to be released as Orchard 1.7 next week sometime. I noticed that this module doesn't work anymore due to changes in the AntiSpam module.

The CheckForSpam method now takes a SpamFilterPart as a parameter:
CheckForSpam(SpamFilterPart part)

The existing Contact Form module is passing:
_spamService.CheckForSpam(message, SpamFilterAction.One)

Any chances of an update for Orchard 1.x?
Jul 22, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I'm in the same boat. Looking forward to an update for v1.7.
Jul 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Edited Jul 22, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I got it working by just passing an empty item. I'm sure it most likely breaks the anti-spam feature for now, but at least I can upgrade my sites and still use the form.

In Services/ContactFormService.cs - change line 156
if (_spamService.CheckForSpam(message, SpamFilterAction.One) == SpamStatus.Spam)
to
if (_spamService.CheckForSpam(new SpamFilterPart()) == SpamStatus.Spam)
you'll need to restart your application pool to get the module to recompile.

Good luck!
Developer
Jul 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Working on a fix to get everything up and running for 1.7 now. Hope to have something up by the end of the day.
Jul 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to use it! Thanks =)
Developer
Jul 26, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Ok today might have been a bit overly ambitious but it will get up this weekend. Just have a little more testing to do to make sure it is working as I expect and not calling everything spam.
Developer
Jul 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Just pushed up a fix for this. We decided to go a little different route with a feature we added in version 1.6.1 and lose the dependency on Orchard.Antispam

Instead of using Orchard.AntiSpam to help detect spam we put in an extra email field and hid it with CSS. If this email field is filled out we know you are a spam bot and you can select to just ignore the submission or designate an email you want to collect such emails.

The Orchard.Module.PlanetTelex.ContactForm.1.7.0 package should be the latest.
Jul 31, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Awesome...thanks for the update. It's still not appearing in the Gallery, nor here on CodePlex...still listing v1.6.1. Looking forward to the update though =)
Aug 17, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Love the form! One question - is re-Captcha still supported in the 1.7 release?
Aug 17, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I think you should just be able to go into Content Definition and attach the ReCaptcha part to the Content Form Widget type. You may need to adjust Placement though.
Aug 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Thanks for your help!
ContactForm content definition contains re-Captcha; re-Captcha settings (keys) confirmed;
Which placement.info should I check? The theme or PlanetTelex.ContactForm? Not sure what the part name is. Something like:
<Match Path="/Contact">
<Place Parts_ReCaptcha_Fields="TripelFirst:2" />
</Match>
Developer
Sep 19, 2013 at 9:31 PM
The Gallery and Download have been updated as well. Sorry for the delay.